Monday, February 1, 2010

To Die For.

This past week, I have been constantly playing my guitar. My skills and abilities were limited. I couldn't do much. I have been technically playing guitar since I was like 16 or 17. I learned from a dear friend of mine that, still to this day, is amazing and outstanding playing his guitar. I look up to him and thank him so much! Anyways, I would go in and out of phases of playing and wouldn't get much done or get discouraged because I didn't have a variety of different chords to play. One day I was watching an old episode of Ellen with guest Taylor Swift. At the end of the interview they play around with writing a song and the way she played kinda hit me. I wanted to be just like that. Come up with a song out of nowhere. Here is the link to the video

Taylor Swift on Ellen!

So, not long after I got a lot of guitar tabs for her songs! But a lot of them included a capo. This is what it looks like being used..
The capo works miracles! Wonders I never knew before. I always imagined having one and what it would be like. But it completely changed my life. I have never played the guitar so much and had such a passion for it. I have a really strong vibe towards country music though. I love playing Taylors music. She is my new inspiration. I remember one day, my mom told me I would be a really good country singer. Since I would like to sing my own songs, I think I would have to take singing lessons again just because it has been so long since I have actually sang for a purpose, and I miss it. It is amazing how I feel when I play guitar. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but its incredible. Its beautiful.
 
Its so great. <3

1 comment:

Heidi Marie said...

Taylor is stinking talented! even if I don't care much for her music, I have to admit she's talented. Mike's lucky because I know how lucky he is to be married to a musician. Rob hasn't played for a while because he's afraid to play at my mom's house (where we live) but I keep encouraging him to anyway! I love when he plays music, and writes songs for/about me... it's so special! The first love song he ever wrote was for me last valentine's day. See how cool music makes life?! GO AL!!!