Sunday, February 28, 2010

My surgery

Hey Dudes!! Sorry it's been forever! A lot has happened since I last posted. Lets see what I can tell you..

I lost my job. I don't know if I was fired or if I was laid off. They never specified. But I had no idea it was my last day. After that, I got really depressed. I didn't eat much. I didn't want to leave the house. I didn't want to be around anyone. I didn't want to do anything. Just sit at home and watch tv and sleep. Pretty pathetic.

I had surgery on Thursday, February 25th. It was the weirdest experience of my life!! I went to the hospital by myself, which I totally regret! I was freaking out all by myself, waiting for them to call my name. I got one of those wrist band things..
This was taken in the waiting room, where there were like a million people waiting. So I was called back and got my hospital clothes on, and I didn't know they had hospital shorts that you wear with the gown! It was nice. So I'm sitting there, talking to the lady who puts my IV in and I'm telling her I'm freaking out about the IV. I hate needles and all that stuff. I lived through it though. So don't worry. It was still really weird. So then the anesthesiologist came to put me out. As they were wheeling me to the OR, he was saying "We gave her the party drink!" It was funny. I don't remember going to the OR, I remember being in the room. It was freezing and I saw those big circle lights. Then I was out. Don't remember anything after that.

Waking up was the worst part for me. I was so uncomfortable and I was crying. All I wanted was to lay on my side but they wouldn't let me. I kept asking for Mike and they said they called him but he was working. But Mike told me that they said to wait to come. I was mad about that. I wanted him there when I woke up. Really stupid. I was just laying there, half awake. I thought I was just laying there for like 10 minutes but it was almost an hour. It was so crazy how long I laid there. The surgery took about 2 hours. So I was at the hospital for a total of about 6 and a half hours. I got to have a wonderful nose brace thing. Cass calls it a nose bra. Here is what I looked like with it on!
 
I look like poo, but I was on drugs and super sleepy. Before I got out of the bed at the hospital, the nurse said to hold my gauze up to my nose because the blood that was supposed to come out was pooling up and when I stood up, it will all come out. Well I stood up and forgot about the gauze immediately. I felt my nose run, thinking it was just snot. No. It was blood. A lot of blood. Good thing only Mike was there. I got to ride in a wheel chair out to the car. We got home and Mikes parents got us dinner. Thank you so much!! Since Mike gets every other Friday off, he got to stay home with me all day! Waiting on me. Thank you Mike. You're so great and such a peach. I love you and I love that you are doing anything you can for me.
For the past 2 days, I was craving those Hostess Cupcakes. I think I ate like 12 of them. I haven't been able to taste it, thats the only down fall of it all. Mikes grandma brought us dinner last night, Saturday night. It was soooo good! Chicken noodle soup with bread sticks and salad! With brownies and oreos for dessert! Delish! Thank you Grandma, Sarah, Anne and Grace!! Last night was able to breathe through my nose! And this morning I tasted my yogurt while I was eating it. It was great. Well I took my pills like half an hour ago so I'll be getting super tired pretty soon here. I'll end it now.. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What was the surgery for? I'm glad it went well. That anesthesia is always the worst. I remember coming out of it after my wisdom teeth. Yuck. It's terrible.

When are you moving up to CDA again? March right? Let me know and I'll have you and Mikey stop by for a visit on your way through!

Hope everything's getting better for you! Love, Morgan

Nicole said...

yikes!! sounds like surgery was the pitts! Glad you got through it ok, and hope in the long run the surgery will make you feel better!

Heidi Marie said...

i love that Mike waited on you all day, that's special and we all should be waited on sometimes in our lives :D